Webinar on Next Generation Audio
- Date 18 Mar 2019
- Time 15:00 CET (14:00 UTC)
- Location Online
This webinar will provide an overview of DVB's work in the area of Next Generation Audio (NGA).
> Add to calendar (.ics)
The Audio Video Coding (AVC) experts of DVB have been working to introduce Next Generation Audio (NGA) to the DVB specifications over a number of years. With the latest version of TS 101 154, DVB’s guidelines for the use of video and audio coding in broadcast and broadband applications, being published by ETSI, it seems like a great time to unpack the audio part of the tool box and share the capabilities of NGA via a webinar.
- The new capabilities of NGA and the audience benefits they offer, which may be greater than you realize.
- Allowing more user choice while retaining creative control.
- Key concepts, such as the renderer.
- Relevant standards, what's in them and where to find them.
Those following the webinar live will have an opportunity to post questions to the presenters via a chat interface. A recording of the webinar will be made available on our YouTube Channel.
- Simon Tuff, Principal Technologist BBC
- Wolfgang Schildbach, Dolby
- Ted Laverty, DTS – Xperi
- Adrian Murtaza, Fraunhofer IIS
Slides & Video
> View webinar on YouTube
> Download presentation slides
Joining the webinar
No registration is required – simply visit: www.dvb.org/nga2019
(The password will be pre-filled – if not, you should type "DVB".)
It will be possible to join the event as of 14:45 CET on Monday 18 March.