Webinar on DVB Subtitling Systems
- Date 24 - 25 Jan 2018
- Time 15:00 CET (14:00 UTC)
- Location Online
NOTE: the Add to calendar button above does not work correctly. We recommend that you use this ics file, which includes the webinar link, to add it to your calendar. (Also, please disregard the event date field which suggests the event runs until 25 January! This is a workaround to resolve a website bug.)
The DVB specification for TTML-based subtitling systems, approved in July 2017, has now been complemented by a revision of the existing specification for bitmap subtitles, creating a comprehensive suite of subtitling specifications from DVB. This webinar will provide an overview of both specifications.
- Bitmap subtitle specification (EN 300 743) Update (DVB Bluebook A009)
- TTML introduction
- New DVB TTML specification (Bluebook A174)
- Deployment considerations
Those following the webinar will have an opportunity to post questions to the presenters via a chat interface.
Slides & Video
See DVB Webinars
- Dr. Peter Cherriman, Senior R&D Engineer at BBC Research & Development
- Paul Szucs, Senior Manager, Technology Standards at Sony Europe
- Stefan Pöschel, Engineer, Production Technologies at IRT
Joining the webinar
No registration is required – simply visit: www.dvb.org/subtitling2018 [will be redirected to the webinar interface in the days before the event]
It will be possible to join the event as of 14:45 CET on Wednesday 24 January.