DVB session @ IBC 2018 Conference
- Date 14 Sep 2018
- Time 11:30-12:45
- Location Amsterdam
"DVB at 25: end of the line or start of a new adventure?"
Friday 14 September, 11:30-12:45, room G102/103
DVB created the technical specifications that ushered in the age of digital television. Those who contributed to the work of the DVB Project can be rightly proud of all that has been achieved in the 25 years since its foundation. While it is arguably the most successful organisation of its kind, DVB operates now in a much-changed landscape for technology standardisation, with a multitude of other bodies creating specifications for media delivery. Does DVB still have a contribution to make? And, if so, what should it be?
This special conference session, open to all IBC attendees, will consider DVB's legacy and discuss how it can best help the media industry to address the challenges of OTT and IP delivery. Following a keynote from Wilfried Urner, CEO of MX1 (media services subsidiary of SES), a high-level panel, featuring a representative from each of DVB's four member constituencies, will tease out the future challenges for the industry and the role that DVB can play.
- Helmut Stein, Chair, DVB Promotion & Communications Module
- DVB and SES Astra – a common success story
Wilfried Urner, CEO of MX1 (a subsidiary of SES)
- Peter MacAvock, Chair, DVB
- Markus Zumkeller, Director of Technology and Engineering, Sony Europe
- Simon Terrington, Director of Content Policy, Ofcom
- Chris Johns, Chief Engineer – Broadcast Strategy, Sky
- Wilfried Urner, CEO, MX1 (a subsidiary of SES)
The session will be followed by refreshments, served immediately outside the conference, courtesy of DVB.